- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of roasted pumpkin or organic canned pumpkin
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 heaping tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
For the Caramel Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons pure honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee (for dairy free use coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk or any other milk of choice
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon arrowroot powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all liquid pumpkin bread ingredients.
- Stir in your dry ingredients, except the pepitas.
- Spread into a lightly greased standard size bread loaf pan (use butter or coconut oil for greasing).
- Top the pumpkin batter with the pepitas.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is cooked through.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the caramel glaze all over the bread.
For the Caramel Glaze:
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Stir together the coconut milk and arrowroot powder and pour that in with the butter.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Stir until it starts to simmer and gets a little bit thicker.
- Remove from heat and stir in the honey until well mixed (by removing the pot from the heat, it preserves the enzymes of the raw honey).
- Let the glaze cool for 10-15 minutes before pouring over the pumpkin bread.
If you decide to make this without the glaze add the extra honey/maple syrup and cinnamon that were called for in the glaze to the batter.
- 2 Cups peeled and shredded potatoes
- 1 Tbsp grated onion
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp almond meal
- 1 ½ Tsp sea salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Place the potatoes in a cheesecloth and wring, extracting as much moisture as possible.
- In a medium bowl stir the potatoes, onion, eggs, almond flour and salt together.
- In a large heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until hot. Place large spoonfuls of the potato mixture into the hot oil, pressing down on them to form ¼ to ½ inch thick patties. Brown on one side, turn and brown on the other.
- Let drain on paper towels.
Serve hot with hot apple sauce
Makes 10 to 12 pancakes
- 8 Peaches
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot
- ¼ cup of pure date sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 Cups raw almonds
- 1/2 Cup Coconut flour
- 7 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash the peaches then cut into slices. Transfer to a big bowl.
- Mix the tablespoon of arrowroot, date or coconut sugar together and toss with peaches. Place in a buttered baking dish.
- Place almonds in food processor and process to a powder. Transfer to a bowl. Soften the 7 tablespoons of butter with the tablespoon of honey. Add the butter mixture, the 1/2 cup coconut flour, vanilla and salt to the almond powder and mix well.
- Crumble this mixture with your fingers on top of the peaches evenly. You can double the recipe for the crumble if you desire more topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes to 1 hour
Serve with homemade Ice-cream
- 2 Cups ground almonds (more for a thicker crust).
- Note: Preferably the almonds are raw and have been soaked in salt water at least 12 hours, then dried.
- ½ Stick of butter
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
Mix together and press firmly to side and bottom of 9’ pie plate. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Other nut meals/flours can be used.
- 1 15oz Can pure natural pumpkin puree
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Dehydrated cane sugar (raw sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger, or ½ Teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon powdered cloves
- ¼ Teaspoon nutmeg
- Grated rind of 1 lemon (optional)
- 1 Cup cream or (coconut milk for people allergic to milk products)
Cream eggs with cane sugar (use electric beater for creamier texture). Gradually blend in other ingredients. Pout into pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes. Serve with freshly whipped raw cream.
Put an aluminum sheet at the bottom of the oven for easier clean-up in case of spills.
- 2 cups white beans (soaked 12 hours in water with 2 tbsp of lemon juice or homemade whey, then rinsed)
- 1 medium onion chopped (1/2 cup)
- ¼ blackstrap (unsulfured) molasses
- 2 Tbsp ground mustard
- 1 pound uncured bacon cut up in small pieces
Mix all ingredients in Crock Pot. Add filtered water to cover completely. Add Sea salt and pepper to taste. If you would like a little spicy, add a dash or two of hot pepper sauce.
Turn crock pot to low setting and cook 6 to 8 hours. Watch the water level after 4 hrs of cooking and add a bit of water if getting dry.
Yield: 9 servings
- 2/3 cups melted coconut oil, plus more for greasing the pans
- 5 cups blanched almond flour or almond meal
- 8 eggs at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
Preheat the oven to 325 F. Lightly grease 2 9-inch cake pans. Cut 2 circles or square (whatever shape your pans are) of parchment paper and fit them to the bottom of the pans.
Place the oil, flour, eggs, honey, lemon juice and vanilla in a food processor. Process for 45 seconds, until smooth. If necessary scrape down the sides and process again.
Add the baking soda, sea salt, and strawberries. Process for 15 seconds, to create a smooth batter.
Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans, place in the oven on the center rack, and bake for 28 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
Let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes, then loosen the sides and invert onto the rack. Remove parchment paper. Cool completely right side up before topping with whipped cream in between both cakes and on top.
STRAWBERRY Topping Ingredients
- 2 cups organic strawberries, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar or date sugar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Place strawberries in a non-reactive bowl and sprinkle with Coconut Sugar or Date Sugar. Pour in lemon juice and toss to coat (this lets strawberries macerate). Set aside
RAW CREAM or COCONUT Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 can Organic Coconut Milk (full fat!)
- 1 teaspoon honey
Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator and chill overnight.
Place a medium-sized, deep metal mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer and chill.
Remove coconut milk from refrigerator, but do not agitate – you want it to remain separated. Open the can and scoop off the cream layer that has risen to the top.
Place cream in chilled bowl. Beat the coconut cream on high speed for 2-3 minutes or until fluffy peaks form. Add honey while mixers are going to incorporate. –
Add 1/2 tsp. organic vanilla extract or lemon extract for a flavorful twist.