- 2 Cups ground almonds (more for a thicker crust).
- Note: Preferably the almonds are raw and have been soaked in salt water at least 12 hours, then dried.
- ½ Stick of butter
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
Mix together and press firmly to side and bottom of 9’ pie plate. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Other nut meals/flours can be used.
- 1 15oz Can pure natural pumpkin puree
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Dehydrated cane sugar (raw sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger, or ½ Teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon powdered cloves
- ¼ Teaspoon nutmeg
- Grated rind of 1 lemon (optional)
- 1 Cup cream or (coconut milk for people allergic to milk products)
Cream eggs with cane sugar (use electric beater for creamier texture). Gradually blend in other ingredients. Pout into pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes. Serve with freshly whipped raw cream.
Put an aluminum sheet at the bottom of the oven for easier clean-up in case of spills.